NWMap Official Site
Free (Public domain)
- Graphical tile-based mapping utility for planning NWN modules.
- Interior and Exterior tilesets.
- Each tileset has a base layer and an upper layer, which dramatically increases the mapping possibilities.
- Map display has 4 zoom levels.
- Context-sensitive "Smart Draw" modes allow for easy painting of large objects like roads, rivers, walls, fences, cliffs, lakes, rooms, buildings, etc.
- Attach text descriptions to tiles.
- Attach NPCs, creatures, items, triggered events, and portals to tiles.
- Attach doors to tiles (including locked, hidden, and secret doors).
- Print out your maps, text descriptions and object data.
- Export Maps to BMP file.
- Cut/copy/paste rectangular regions of the map.
- (Nearly) unlimited Undo/Redo function.
- Add your own custom tilesets, complete with transparent layering and Smart Draw modes.
- Main Screen
- Tile Palette
- Sample Map: Aberwyvern
- Sample Map: Temple Catacombs (NWM file)
- Sample Map: Winterbay
- Sample Map: Wylandor (NWM file)
- Sample Map: Ylarum
- executable - nwmap1.2.zip (2.1 MB)
- source - nwmap1.2-src.zip (706 KB)
A list of Frequently Asked Questions (and their answers) can be found here and here.
NWMap is a free, powerful, tile-based mapping utility designed to help you plan modules for Neverwinter Nights (and you may find it useful as a general RPG mapper as well). The author, Jason Harris, has released the program into the public doamin. NWMap uses context-sensitive drawing algorithms that make mapping complicated areas fast, easy and fun.
The casual user should find this program user friendly and fairly easy to learn.